Introduction to GreySkull LP
GreySkull Linear Program’s (LP) founding routes are pretty well known by now, but to cut a long story short the founder of the program Johnny Pain (John Sheaffer) ran the program ‘Starting Strength’ and found it completely subpar and lacking in many ways.
John therefore set out to rectify this by creating his own program that he believed corrected the issues he found with Starting Strength.
Iv’e reviewed in the past a ‘Prak Variant’ on the original GreySkull LP, this is very popular with the online powerlifting community, however, I found flaws with the program which inspired me to create my own variant.
Benefits of the JH Variant
- Iv’e designed a Pounds and Kilograms version
- Improved selection of Secondary Accessory lifts; not just Rows and Chin-ups!
- Increased Deadlift volume, not just 1 set of 5 reps which is ridiculous!
- Removal of the silly ‘Neck Harness’ exercise; IT’S NOT THE 50’S, WE HAVE BETTER EXERCISES NOW!
- More flexibility in terms of weight increments
- The program eight weeks because the original six week duration is too short!
- I provide an in depth analysis on how to use the spreadsheet for FREE
- A MASSIVE cut back on the original ‘chin-ups everyday’ concept to just once a week (I also replaced Chin-ups with Supinated Grip Pull-ups)
- The program is more geared towards Strength Training
The program’s are downloadable in Excel spreadsheet format and can be purchased using PayPal for just £1.50! You have a Kilogram or Pound version based on what weight measurement you prefer to use.
This is my very popular GreySkull JH Variant formatted in an easy to follow Excel Spreadsheet.
#greyskull #greyskulllp #greyskullprogram